Re: fairywren is generating bogus BASE_BACKUP commands

От Robert Haas
Тема Re: fairywren is generating bogus BASE_BACKUP commands
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
On Sun, Jan 23, 2022 at 4:09 PM Andrew Dunstan <andrew@dunslane.net> wrote:
> The most common issues we get are around this issue of virtualized paths
> in the TAP tests. If people followed the rule I suggested upthread, 99%
> of those problems would go away.

Well, that makes it sound like it's the fault of people for not
following the rules, but I don't think that's really a fair
assessment. Even your first guess as to how to solve this particular
problem wasn't correct, and if you can't guess right on the first try,
I don't know how anyone else is supposed to do it. I still don't even
understand why your first guess wasn't right. I feel like every time I
try to add a TAP test Msys blows up, and I can't figure out how to fix
it myself. Which is not a great feeling.

--
Robert Haas
EDB: http://www.enterprisedb.com