Re: fairywren is generating bogus BASE_BACKUP commands

От Andrew Dunstan
Тема Re: fairywren is generating bogus BASE_BACKUP commands
Дата
Re: fairywren is generating bogus BASE_BACKUP commands  (Andres Freund <andres@anarazel.de>)
Список pgsql-hackers
On 1/23/22 22:52, Robert Haas wrote:
> On Sun, Jan 23, 2022 at 4:09 PM Andrew Dunstan <andrew@dunslane.net> wrote:
>> The most common issues we get are around this issue of virtualized paths
>> in the TAP tests. If people followed the rule I suggested upthread, 99%
>> of those problems would go away.
> Well, that makes it sound like it's the fault of people for not
> following the rules, but I don't think that's really a fair
> assessment. Even your first guess as to how to solve this particular
> problem wasn't correct, and if you can't guess right on the first try,
> I don't know how anyone else is supposed to do it. I still don't even
> understand why your first guess wasn't right. I feel like every time I
> try to add a TAP test Msys blows up, and I can't figure out how to fix
> it myself. Which is not a great feeling.

Well if we can get Andres' suggestion to work all this might go away,
which would keep everyone happy, especially me. You're right that I was
a little careless upthread. Mea culpa. Meanwhile I am committing a
minimal one line fix.

cheers

andrew

--