Re: [BUG]Update Toast data failure in logical replication

От Michael Paquier
Тема Re: [BUG]Update Toast data failure in logical replication
Дата
Re: [BUG]Update Toast data failure in logical replication  ("Euler Taveira" <euler@eulerto.com>)
Список pgsql-hackers
On Wed, Aug 11, 2021 at 06:14:55PM +0530, Dilip Kumar wrote:
> Right

Amit, are you planning to look more at this patch?  It has been a
couple of months since the last update, and this is still a bug as far
as I understand.

FWIW, I find the API changes of HeapDetermineModifiedColumns() and
ExtractReplicaIdentity() a bit grotty.  Shouldn't we try to flatten
the old tuple instead?  There are things like
toast_flatten_tuple_to_datum() for this purpose if a tuple satisfies
HeapTupleHasExternal(), or just heap_copy_tuple_as_datum().
--
Michael

Вложения