Re: Bug #10432 failed to re-find parent key in index

От Robert Haas
Тема Re: Bug #10432 failed to re-find parent key in index
Дата
Re: Bug #10432 failed to re-find parent key in index  (Tom Lane <tgl@sss.pgh.pa.us>)
Список pgsql-hackers
On Tue, Mar 31, 2015 at 1:49 PM, Joshua D. Drake <jd@commandprompt.com> wrote:
>> Perhaps we could consider it after a year or two, once 9.4 is indeed
>> very stable, but at that point you have to wonder if it's really worth
>> the trouble anymore. If someone has runs into that issue frequently, he
>> probably should just upgrade to 9.4.
>
> Ouch. That is a really poor way to look at this.

I don't agree.  When a bug fix is really invasive, there is a
considerable risk that it will itself have bugs.  We've got to balance
the risk of fixing things for users who are currently having problems
with the risk of creating problems for people who currently aren't
having any.

--
Robert Haas
The Enterprise PostgreSQL Company

Сообщение: Re: Bug #10432 failed to re-find parent key in index
Сообщение: Re: Bug #10432 failed to re-find parent key in index