Re: Expand the use of check_canonical_path() for more GUCs

От Robert Haas
Тема Re: Expand the use of check_canonical_path() for more GUCs
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
On Tue, May 19, 2020 at 7:02 AM Peter Eisentraut
> That thread didn't resolve why check_canonical_path() is necessary
> there.  Maybe the existing uses could be removed?

This first sentence of this reply seems worthy of particualr
attention. We have to know what problem this is intended to fix before
we try to decide in which cases it's needed. Otherwise, whether we add
it everywhere or remove it everywhere, we'll only know that it's
consistent, not that it's correct.

--
Robert Haas
The Enterprise PostgreSQL Company