Re: [TODO] Process pg_hba.conf keywords as case-insensitive

От Robert Haas
Тема Re: [TODO] Process pg_hba.conf keywords as case-insensitive
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
On Wed, Sep 10, 2014 at 4:54 AM, Kyotaro HORIGUCHI
<horiguchi.kyotaro@lab.ntt.co.jp> wrote:
> Finally I think that we need case-insensitive version of
> get_role_id and() get_database_id() to acoomplish this patch'es
> objective. (This runs full-scans on pg_database or pg_authid X()

Any such thing is certainly grounds for rejecting the patch outright.
It may be that pg_hba.conf should follow the same case-folding rules
we use elsewhere, but it should not invent novel semantics, especially
ones that make connecting to the database a far more expensive
operation than it is today.

--
Robert Haas
The Enterprise PostgreSQL Company