Re: [TODO] Process pg_hba.conf keywords as case-insensitive

От Kyotaro HORIGUCHI
Тема Re: [TODO] Process pg_hba.conf keywords as case-insensitive
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
Hi,

At Thu, 11 Sep 2014 08:10:54 -0400, Robert Haas <robertmhaas@gmail.com> wrote in
<CA+TgmoZ9xiNc_cA23-p1dMiHMV0zHcKeF6_rV6V3S+OxRLACNg@mail.gmail.com>
> On Wed, Sep 10, 2014 at 4:54 AM, Kyotaro HORIGUCHI
> <horiguchi.kyotaro@lab.ntt.co.jp> wrote:
> > Finally I think that we need case-insensitive version of
> > get_role_id and() get_database_id() to acoomplish this patch'es
> > objective. (This runs full-scans on pg_database or pg_authid X()
>
> Any such thing is certainly grounds for rejecting the patch outright.
> It may be that pg_hba.conf should follow the same case-folding rules
> we use elsewhere, but it should not invent novel semantics, especially
> ones that make connecting to the database a far more expensive
> operation than it is today.

No wonder.  I wondered why such things are needed for this
'case-insensitive matcing'. I've misunderstood the meaning of
'case-insensitive'. There's no need to scanning catalogues for
the 'case-insensitive' matching. Thank you for suggestion.
- Non-quoted names are matched with the names in the catalog  after lowercased.
- Quoted names are matched as is.

This is archieved by simply downcase the identifier if not
case-insensitive notation, and remove case-insensitive version
catalog stuff.

I'll show you more reasonable version sooner.

--
Kyotaro Horiguchi
NTT Open Source Software Center