Re: Translations contributions urgently needed

От Robert Haas
Тема Re: Translations contributions urgently needed
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
On Fri, Feb 23, 2018 at 10:41 AM, Tom Lane <tgl@sss.pgh.pa.us> wrote:
> Thom Brown <thom@linux.com> writes:
>> Something that isn't clear to me is, for a language that didn't meet
>> 80% translation for a component, if it does reach 80% after the major
>> version release, does it then get shipped in a minor release, or is
>> out of that version completely until the next major version?
>
> No, it'll be added to the next minor release as soon as it reaches
> 80%.  That's happened routinely in the past.  I have no idea how
> automated that policy is -- you could ask Peter E. -- but a trawl
> through the commit logs shows .po files getting added in minor
> releases from time to time.

https://wiki.postgresql.org/wiki/NLS#Minimum_Translation implies the
opposite, because it refers to inclusion "in a PostgreSQL major
release".

--
Robert Haas
The Enterprise PostgreSQL Company

От: Tom Lane
Сообщение: Re: Translations contributions urgently needed