Re: pgAdmin 4 v1.0: Problems with high dpi scaling on Win10

От Dave Page
Тема Re: pgAdmin 4 v1.0: Problems with high dpi scaling on Win10
Дата
Список pgadmin-support
Hi

On Sun, Oct 2, 2016 at 11:43 PM,  <viktor@troja.ch> wrote:
> Hi list, hi Dave,
>
> On Windows 10 using a high res screen with high dpi scaling turned on and
> set to 200%, the text in the pgAdmin 4 (standalone) interface becomes almost
> illegible.
>
> The issue seems to be that pgAdmin claims to Windows that is high dpi aware
> when it actually isn’t. See http://doc.qt.io/qt-5/highdpi.html for more info
> about how QT deals with high dpi issues.

I think it's more subtle than that. Most of the dev team run Macs, and
high dpi support seems to work fine for us. We have had some issues
reported - but on my retina MBP for example, pgAdmin displays nicely
at all scaling levels.

> The short term solution would be to make the app dpi unaware, thus letting
> Windows take care of the scaling.

Have you tried setting QT_AUTO_SCREEN_SCALE_FACTOR? Does it make a
difference on Windows?

--
Dave Page
Blog: http://pgsnake.blogspot.com