Re: PG-Admin 4 - SSH-Tunneling

От Dave Page
Тема Re: PG-Admin 4 - SSH-Tunneling
Дата
Список pgadmin-support
On Fri, Sep 30, 2016 at 6:53 PM, Darren Duncan <darren@darrenduncan.net> wrote:
> On 2016-09-30 4:05 AM, Dave Page wrote:
>>
>> On Fri, Sep 30, 2016 at 11:04 AM, Urs Brauchli <urs.brauchli@update.ch>
>> wrote:
>>>
>>> I downloaded and installed PGAdmin 4 and now I'm trying to set up an
>>> SSH-Tunnel via Terminal, since the option is no longer present in the
>>> connection-Window.
>>

>> Correct. We hope to implement it for v2.0.
>

> So now that v1.0 is officially out, which is great news, do you have an
> estimate for about how long until this v2.0 would come out?  Might you be
> following Postgres' example by releasing a major version each year,

That's the plan.

> hence we should see the built-in SSH-Tunnel support by this time next year?
> From an ease of use perspective, it would be great for users if the
> tunneling didn't take too terribly long to become available.  Thank you. --

But we're more open to adding features in minor releases (which of
course, PostgreSQL never does). The requirements on pgAdmin are far
less strict than they are on PostgreSQL when it comes to adding new
features. IOW, I hope we'll be able to add SSH support sooner rather
than later.

--
Dave Page
Blog: http://pgsnake.blogspot.com