Re: Event Submission

От Dave Page
Тема Re: Event Submission
Дата
Список pgsql-www
On Wed, Jan 25, 2012 at 3:08 PM, Jonathan S. Katz
<jonathan.katz@excoventures.com> wrote:

>> On Wed, Jan 25, 2012 at 4:33 AM, Jonathan S. Katz
>> <jonathan.katz@excoventures.com> wrote:
>>> I'm trying to submit a new event but am getting an error saying that the "Org" field is required.  Unfortunately,
thereare no organizations appearing in the dropdown list so I cannot submit.  Is this a global issue or is it isolated
tomy community account?

>> Umm, did you see the line of text below the org field? We added that
>> last week, so I'm wondering if you missed it, or if it's in need of
>> rephrasing (Magnus and I weren't entirely happy with the wording).
>
> Yes I did.  It is a bit confusing - I would probably just say "To be added to an organization, contact the
organizationmanager or webmaster@postgresql.org"

We didn't say that because we don't want to add people to orgs that
already have a "real" manager. That should be up to them to decide who
represents them.

> But additionally, I would recommend having a default organization, such as "Other" or "Community" so that if someone
whois not affiliated with an organization has a PG Event they can at least submit it, and we could work out the data
associationafter.

If we do that, I'll bet a pint that the majority of people just start
picking that org instead of an appropriate one :-)

--
Dave Page
Blog: http://pgsnake.blogspot.com

The Enterprise PostgreSQL Company