Re: Seriously? MASTER PASSWORD REQUIRED Again?!#$@!

От Dave Page
Тема Re: Seriously? MASTER PASSWORD REQUIRED Again?!#$@!
Дата
Список pgadmin-support
Ray,

On Fri, Oct 18, 2019 at 3:27 PM Ray O'Donnell <ray@rodonnell.ie> wrote:
On 18/10/2019 13:51, richard coleman wrote:
> That would be just a wee more helpful if you actually *included* a
> /config_local.py/ in that directory for users to update, or better yet,
> didn't require users to make changes to config files and just kept the
> settings in the Preferences UI, as you have done with *ALL* the others
> settings a user might be interested in changing.

While I personally feel that something of a mountain is being made out
of this particular molehill, the above idea isn't a bad one - it would
be helpful if the packagers included a dummy or placeholder
config.local.py, perhaps containing a few commented-out examples which
would be a boon to non-Python people like me.

config.py is a complete, full example that includes all available options with comments to describe them, as noted in the documentation that Rik quoted.

We don't create a config_local.py file by default as some package types don't support the notion of configuration files, and in those environments we actually would potentially run into the problem Rik thought he saw. Even where configuration file support is present (e.g. RPMs, Windows installers etc), things can get quite complicated if for any reason we do actually need to modify an existing file - it's better/cleaner/easier to just not ship a file by default and let users create one iif they need to, freeing up developer time to deal with other priorities.

--
Dave Page
Blog: http://pgsnake.blogspot.com

The Enterprise PostgreSQL Company

Сообщение: Re: PostgreSQL - Query Tool Error
Сообщение: Re: PostgreSQL - Query Tool Error