Re: pgAdmin v1.22.0 keeps freezing and crashing

От Dave Page
Тема Re: pgAdmin v1.22.0 keeps freezing and crashing
Дата
Список pgadmin-support
On Sat, Jan 23, 2016 at 8:49 PM, Regina Obe <lr@pcorp.us> wrote:
> I'm running Windows 7  64-bit and had recently upgraded to pgAdmin v1.22.0.
> It seems though that quite frequently when I run a long-running query,
> pgAdmin freezes.

Does you machine go to sleep or anything like that when it crashes?

> Also if for example I restart my PostgreSQL service while I am connected,
> pgAdmin crashes.

Yeah, pgAdmin 3 has never handled that well. That's one of the things
that's being fixed in pgAdmin 4.

> I've since been forced to downgrade back to pgAdmin 1.20.
>
> My husband has the same issue on his computer, though could be how we have
> our setups configured in a similar way.
>
> I did talk to someone else who said when she was running the PostGIS
> shp2pgsql-gui plugin  on v1.22.0 it would crash (windows 7 32-bit),
> so she reverted too back to v1.20 and problem went away.

Oh? The plugins are simply tools that are launched in their own
processes - and that code hasn't changed since 1.20. Does it crash
immediately? Is it pgAdmin or the plugin that crashes?

--
Dave Page
Blog: http://pgsnake.blogspot.com

The Enterprise PostgreSQL Company

Сообщение: Re: pgAdmin v1.22.0 keeps freezing and crashing
Сообщение: Re: pgAdmin v1.22.0 keeps freezing and crashing