Re: pgAdmin v1.22.0 keeps freezing and crashing

От Regina Obe
Тема Re: pgAdmin v1.22.0 keeps freezing and crashing
Дата
Список pgadmin-support

No

>> I've since been forced to downgrade back to pgAdmin 1.20.
>>
>> My husband has the same issue on his computer, though could be how we
>> have our setups configured in a similar way.
>>
>> I did talk to someone else who said when she was running the PostGIS
>> shp2pgsql-gui plugin  on v1.22.0 it would crash (windows 7 32-bit), so
>>  she reverted too back to v1.20 and problem went away.

> Oh? The plugins are simply tools that are launched in their own processes - and that code hasn't changed since 1.20.
Doesit crash immediately? Is it pgAdmin or the plugin that crashes?

Well the postgis-gui plugin is compiled with mingw64 and is  the one distributed with PostGIS 2.2 one (not that it
matterssince that code has not changed in a while). I have to test this myself.  My friend was using a Windows 7 32-bit
andthe screen she showed me, it gave some sort of VC++ debug error before it crashed (so doesn't seem like it is
crashingin the plugin though the error does suggest that)
As I recall, I think she got as far as the PostGIS-GUI (shp2pgsql-gui) showing her the list of tables and it was when
sheproceeded to export was when it crashed.
Again I'll have to check this for myself, since she only sent me a screen shot.  Attached is the screen shot she sent
me. She said when she uninstalled 1.22 and reinstalled 1.20 things were okay.
I usually just use the shp2pgsql command line since it's more efficient for larger tables and I can script it.

Thanks,
Regina

От: Dave Page
Сообщение: Re: pgAdmin v1.22.0 keeps freezing and crashing
От: Dave Page
Сообщение: Re: pgAdmin v1.22.0 keeps freezing and crashing