Re: Prevent loss of query text when pgAdmin crashes or freezes

От Dave Page
Тема Re: Prevent loss of query text when pgAdmin crashes or freezes
Дата
Список pgadmin-support
On Tue, Jul 3, 2012 at 9:58 AM, Michal Kozusznik
<kozusznik.michal@ifortuna.cz> wrote:
> pgAdmin crashes from time to time when connection is lost. For example when
> using notebook, with pgAdmin, you often change networks, hibernate, suspend,
> using direct connection or VPN etc
> Such changes break connections to databases. I found that closing pgAdmin is
> quicker solution than reconnecting (see bellow). But closing it while in
> this state, often causes pgAdmin crash.
>
> About reconnection: I'm curious when this feature will be finally finished.
> Some, let's say, prototype has been implemented some time ago, but using it
> is annoying. After disconnection, you have to confirm five times the need of
> reconnection when using object browser. When using query window, you have
> run command twice: after asking for reconnection, command end up with error;
> second run finally works.

Rewriting the connection management code to deal with this is far from
a trivial task. It's dependent on someone finding the time to do it.

--
Dave Page
Blog: http://pgsnake.blogspot.com

The Enterprise PostgreSQL Company

Сообщение: Re: Prevent loss of query text when pgAdmin crashes or freezes
Сообщение: Re: Prevent loss of query text when pgAdmin crashes or freezes