Re: Prevent loss of query text when pgAdmin crashes or freezes

От Michal Kozusznik
Тема Re: Prevent loss of query text when pgAdmin crashes or freezes
Дата
Список pgadmin-support
pgAdmin crashes from time to time when connection is lost. For example
when using notebook, with pgAdmin, you often change networks, hibernate,
suspend, using direct connection or VPN etc
Such changes break connections to databases. I found that closing
pgAdmin is quicker solution than reconnecting (see bellow). But closing
it while in this state, often causes pgAdmin crash.

About reconnection: I'm curious when this feature will be finally
finished. Some, let's say, prototype has been implemented some time ago,
but using it is annoying. After disconnection, you have to confirm five
times the need of reconnection when using object browser. When using
query window, you have run command twice: after asking for reconnection,
command end up with error; second run finally works.
Currently if I'm connected to multiple databases and lost connection,
killing pgadmin is fastest way to reconnect ;)