Re: pgsql: Use OpenSSL EVP API for symmetric encryption in pgcrypto.

От Dave Page
Тема Re: pgsql: Use OpenSSL EVP API for symmetric encryption in pgcrypto.
Дата
Re: pgsql: Use OpenSSL EVP API for symmetric encryption in pgcrypto.  (Tom Lane <tgl@sss.pgh.pa.us>)
Список pgsql-committers
On Tue, Oct 18, 2016 at 9:10 AM, Heikki Linnakangas <hlinnaka@iki.fi> wrote:
> On 10/18/2016 12:28 AM, Tom Lane wrote:
>>
>> Heikki Linnakangas <heikki.linnakangas@iki.fi> writes:
>>>
>>> Use OpenSSL EVP API for symmetric encryption in pgcrypto.
>>

>> BTW, "narwhal" seems to have a problem with this.
>> Not very clear what, maybe an incompatibility with old openssl versions?
>

> Dave, what version of OpenSSL are 'narwhal' and 'baiji' using? I've tried to
> reproduce this on my laptop, by compiling different versions of OpenSSL,
> between 0.9.8beta1 and 0.9.8 head, but without success..

Insanely old ones, as reflects the age of those machines which haven't
been touched in 10 years or so...

Baiji: 0.9.8e
Narwhal: 0.9.6b

and for completeness:

Mastodon: 0.9.8e

--
Dave Page
PostgreSQL Core Team

От: Heikki Linnakangas
Сообщение: Re: pgsql: Use OpenSSL EVP API for symmetric encryption in pgcrypto.
Сообщение: Re: pgsql: Use OpenSSL EVP API for symmetric encryption in pgcrypto.