Re: pgsql: Use OpenSSL EVP API for symmetric encryption in pgcrypto.

От Tom Lane
Тема Re: pgsql: Use OpenSSL EVP API for symmetric encryption in pgcrypto.
Дата
Список pgsql-committers
Dave Page <dpage@postgresql.org> writes:
> On Tue, Oct 18, 2016 at 9:10 AM, Heikki Linnakangas <hlinnaka@iki.fi> wrote:
>> Dave, what version of OpenSSL are 'narwhal' and 'baiji' using? I've tried to
>> reproduce this on my laptop, by compiling different versions of OpenSSL,
>> between 0.9.8beta1 and 0.9.8 head, but without success..

> Insanely old ones, as reflects the age of those machines which haven't
> been touched in 10 years or so...
> Baiji: 0.9.8e
> Narwhal: 0.9.6b
> and for completeness:
> Mastodon: 0.9.8e

Interestingly, it's now apparent that all three of those critters are
failing identically.  I begin to suspect that it's somehow
Windows-specific; if it were a bug in a particular OpenSSL version,
seems like Heikki's testing described above would have reproduced it.

The only other Windows machines in the buildfarm that are building
with openssl are Andrew's bowerbird and frogmouth; they're both passing.
I wonder what openssl version is on those.