Re: pgsql: Use OpenSSL EVP API for symmetric encryption in pgcrypto.

От Heikki Linnakangas
Тема Re: pgsql: Use OpenSSL EVP API for symmetric encryption in pgcrypto.
Дата
Список pgsql-committers
On 10/18/2016 12:28 AM, Tom Lane wrote:
> Heikki Linnakangas <heikki.linnakangas@iki.fi> writes:
>> Use OpenSSL EVP API for symmetric encryption in pgcrypto.
>
> BTW, "narwhal" seems to have a problem with this.
> Not very clear what, maybe an incompatibility with old openssl versions?

Dave, what version of OpenSSL are 'narwhal' and 'baiji' using? I've
tried to reproduce this on my laptop, by compiling different versions of
OpenSSL, between 0.9.8beta1 and 0.9.8 head, but without success..

Googling for the failed test vector, I found this:

https://www.mail-archive.com/openssl-users@openssl.org/msg68108.html

It looks like the same issue, given the symptoms, but AFAICS the
pgcrypto code is correctly calling EVP_EncryptInit_ex() twice.

- Heikki

Сообщение: Re: pgsql: Use OpenSSL EVP API for symmetric encryption in pgcrypto.
Сообщение: Re: pgsql: Use OpenSSL EVP API for symmetric encryption in pgcrypto.