Re: Updates for PostgreSQL.org one-click installer download pages

От Dave Page
Тема Re: Updates for PostgreSQL.org one-click installer download pages
Дата
Список pgsql-www
On Wed, Jun 29, 2016 at 7:18 PM, Joshua D. Drake <jd@commandprompt.com> wrote:
> On 06/29/2016 11:09 AM, Dave Page wrote:
>

>> This cannot, and should not be re-organised on a whim, given that we
>> managed to get the "what the heck do I download" questions down to
>> basically zero after a lot of effort many years ago.
>>

> I am not in anyway suggesting this should be on whim, if I was I would just
> submit patches without any community discussion first.

I do not believe even discussing patches is enough in this case, given
the time, effort and proven effect the current layout had.

I don't disagree that it can be improved further - but I strongly feel
that any major changes to structure need to be *very* carefully
considered, and proven (A/B testing perhaps).

That is an aside to this patch though, which merely updates an old
description that's been in place for years. With the exception of the
correction I've asked Marc to make, do you believe there is any
legitimate reason why the current pages should not be updated as
requested (without applying any new rules that we may or may not agree
on at some point in the future)?

--
Dave Page
Blog: http://pgsnake.blogspot.com

The Enterprise PostgreSQL Company

В списке pgsql-www по дате отправления:

Сообщение: Re: Updates for PostgreSQL.org one-click installer download pages
Сообщение: Re: Updates for PostgreSQL.org one-click installer download pages