Re: [pgadmin-hackers][patch] Style updates

От Dave Page
Тема Re: [pgadmin-hackers][patch] Style updates
Дата
Список pgadmin-hackers
Hi

On Fri, Apr 7, 2017 at 4:08 PM, Shirley Wang <swang@pivotal.io> wrote:
Hello

On Fri, Apr 7, 2017 at 6:04 AM Dave Page <dpage@pgadmin.org> wrote:
Hi

This introduces a number of display issues for me:

- There are now gaps between the tabs and their content panels. See screenshot 1.

Yes, that gap will be gone once we style the table. Mind if that's split up? Just wanted to focus on the top half of query editor with this patch.

No, we need to do it all at once - I may need to cut releases at any time.

- The tabs on the higher-level panels no longer match the styling of the tabs on dialogues, which still follow the original style.

Do you mean they're different color wise? Would you prefer high-level panels to match all dialogs (whether they're from menu options or detached tabs)?

The lower level ones still have the old styling. I think they should all match.

ie. something like this? (please ignore the giant SQL text)

Potentially :-)

tabs-popout.png

- The font in detached/floating tabs is hard to read as I think it's too bold. We have similar outstanding problems in a couple of other places, mostly the dashboards and the subnode control headers.

Yes, agreed. We can change the boldness of detatched tabs to match the weight of high level panel. I'll put font weight changes for dashboard and subnode control headers in our list of css updates to make.

- I think the white outline for detached/floating tabs is too harsh. Maybe make it a very light gray?

Ok, I'm going to play around with contrast a bit more.

- I think the softened contrast in the query tool makes it much harder to visually distinguish different parts of the display. See ss2 for example - the info bar, codemirror gutter, codemirror text area and button bar all blend together now (yet, with the column selection patch you've gone perhaps too far the other way by making the row selector column in the grid dark blue to match the column headers).

Ah, yes, it seems like when you open a query from 'View ... rows" right click menu, the text editor is gray. That should be white - will fix this.

No - it's intentionally gray to indicate that the query is read-only. I think the info bar needs to not be gray if anything, to break up the view.

- There's also a visible gap between the top of codemirror and the bottom of the info bar.

I think the gap is from borders around the buttons being close to border of the bar. Removing the border around buttons seems to address the gap (see screenshot above). Some of the spacing between buttons needs to be adjusted, but what do you think?

It's the gap at the top of the codemirror gutter, below the info bar that I'm complaining about - in the screen shot above it looks better, but I think there's still a pixel or two there.

Thanks!

Shirley

--
Dave Page
Blog: http://pgsnake.blogspot.com

The Enterprise PostgreSQL Company
Вложения

Сообщение: Re: [pgadmin-hackers] pgAdmin4: Test result enhancement patch
Сообщение: Re: [pgadmin-hackers] pgAdmin4: Test result enhancement patch