Re: [pgadmin-hackers] pgAdmin4: Test result enhancement patch

От Navnath Gadakh
Тема Re: [pgadmin-hackers] pgAdmin4: Test result enhancement patch
Дата
Список pgadmin-hackers
Hello Joao,

          Thanks for review and suggestions.

On Fri, Apr 7, 2017 at 9:08 PM, Joao Pedro De Almeida Pereira <jdealmeidapereira@pivotal.io> wrote:
Hello Hackers,
We just looked into this patch and have some questions about it.

- Where is the JSON file created? Do we need to call it with some special argument in order for it to be created?
 This file is created under /regression/ directory (runtests.py, line 401). No need to call any special argument.
- There is a print statement in the line 275 of runtests.py is it supposed to be there?
Removed.
- The function name addSuccess does not match the styling of the code, it should be add_success
Done.
Suggestions:
- The definition of the class_name (run_tests.py, line 229) variable looks the same as in the if statements below and could be extracted into a function to avoid repeating the same code.
Done.
- In the same function when we are updating error/failure/skip test results the code looks pretty similar and can also be extracted into a function
Done.

@Dave, Please find the attached patch with necessary code changes. I have also added missing scenario names to some test cases.

Thanks.

Thanks
Joao & Sarah

          Please find the revised patch for test result enhancement, which include code to write passed test cases into the JSON file along with skipped and failed.

     Please find the revised patch for test result enhancement.

What's in the patch:
1. The test result summary will store in JSON file.
2. Removed some redundant code from regression/test_utils.py
3. Added the scenario names for feature tests.
4. To print test scenario names in failed and skipped test cases, I override apply_scenario() function in regression/test_utils.py