Re: pgAdmin4 Server does not create SQLite tables

От Dave Page
Тема Re: pgAdmin4 Server does not create SQLite tables
Дата
Список pgadmin-support
On Mon, Oct 24, 2016 at 5:30 AM, Josh Berkus <josh@agliodbs.com> wrote:
> On 10/11/2016 01:47 PM, Dave Page wrote:
>>

>> On Tuesday, October 11, 2016, Josh Berkus <josh@agliodbs.com
>> <mailto:josh@agliodbs.com>> wrote:
>
>>     Ah, so I can drop a path into config_local?
>>

>> Yes, per the example I sent yesterday. config_local.py (and
>> config_distro.py) are sourced by config.py. config_distro is read first,
>> and can be used by packagers to override distro-specific options, and
>> then config_local is read to allow users to do further customisation.
>
> So, currently there is no "DATA_DIR" parameter in config_local,
> commented out or otherwise, and the parameter in config.py references a
> bit of python code.  If users are expected to do this on their own,
> you'll need at least a commented-out example in config_local.py.

We don't even provide config_local.py, except in the original desktop
packages - that was intentional in 1.0 as it was done to force the
user to create it and set the security keys.

> Presumably I just set DATA_DIR to where I want the SQLite DB to go, yes?
>  Or do I set it to its parent directory?  Code in config.py doesn't make
> it clear.

DATA_DIR is used as a prefix for various other config settings, so
changing it later on won't (unfortunately) change them as well. I
would just change the config settings that ultimately use DATA_DIR in
config.py, but ignore DATA_DIR itself. e.g.

LOG_FILE = '/var/log/pgadmin4/pgadmin4.log'
SQLITE_PATH = '/var/lib/pgadmin4/pgadmin4.db'
SESSION_DB_PATH = '/var/lib/pgadmin4/sessions'
STORAGE_DIR = '/var/lib/pgadmin4/storage'

I'll do some work on the docs later today to make that clearer.

--
Dave Page
Blog: http://pgsnake.blogspot.com

The Enterprise PostgreSQL Company