Re: Updates for PostgreSQL.org one-click installer download pages

От Dave Page
Тема Re: Updates for PostgreSQL.org one-click installer download pages
Дата
Список pgsql-www
On Wed, Jun 29, 2016 at 6:12 PM, Rader, David <davidr@openscg.com> wrote:

>> > -1.
>> >
>> > I read through this and this is essentially a marketing update. That in
>> > itself isn't a bad thing but it will create inconsistencies in the site. For
>> > example on:
>> >
>> > https://www.postgresql.org/download/macosx/
>> >
>> > It will now say:
>> >
>> > "Interactive installer by EnterpriseDB"
>> >
>> > Instead of the site/vendor consistent "Graphical Installer"
>>
>> Right and with good reason - it's more accurate. The installers can run in
>> either graphical or text modes interactively (and silent mode in fact).
>>
>> Consistency is good - except when it is inaccurate. That is not good for
>> the community.
>>

> The EDB Windows Installer that you can download today does not support text
> mode. If you try to run with --mode text you get a nice GUI error pop-up
> telling you the allowed modes do not include text.
>
> Is there a new version planned that will allow text mode on Windows, or does
> the description require changing to be more accurate?

Good point, you're correct that text mode only applies to the Linux
and Mac versions so the Windows page should reflect that.

Marc; can you fix that please?

I would still suggest keeping the title the same though, for
consistency with the other platforms.

--
Dave Page
Blog: http://pgsnake.blogspot.com

The Enterprise PostgreSQL Company

В списке pgsql-www по дате отправления:

Сообщение: Re: Updates for PostgreSQL.org one-click installer download pages
Сообщение: Re: Updates for PostgreSQL.org one-click installer download pages