Re: Impact on PostgreSQL due to Redhat acquisition by IBM

От Sachin Kotwal
Тема Re: Impact on PostgreSQL due to Redhat acquisition by IBM
Дата
Re: Impact on PostgreSQL due to Redhat acquisition by IBM  (Alvaro Herrera <alvherre@2ndquadrant.com>)
Список pgsql-general

On Thu 15 Nov, 2018, 7:59 PM Adrian Klaver <adrian.klaver@aklaver.com wrote:
On 11/14/18 10:39 PM, Sachin Kotwal wrote:

> Looks like no one have clear idea yet and deal also not completely done.

Barring some regulatory intervention(which I do not see) the deal will
be completed.

> Hope Redhat community support will continue same as earlier.
>
> Let's wait until something will announce by community is coming days.

Not sure what announcement you are expecting? From what I see nothing
has changed so there is no need for any.
 does.

I know community does not provide postgresql  binaries for windows, EnterpriseDB and OpenSCG

I feel community has most of linux based instance in thier buildfarm for testing, might be very few Ubuntu based.
I might be wrong here.

Anyways , we can conclude discussion with "No need to worry about Redhat acquisition as PostgreSQL having really strong position in market"

Thanks,
Sachin

--
Adrian Klaver