Re: Impact on PostgreSQL due to Redhat acquisition by IBM

От Adrian Klaver
Тема Re: Impact on PostgreSQL due to Redhat acquisition by IBM
Дата
Re: Impact on PostgreSQL due to Redhat acquisition by IBM  (Magnus Hagander <magnus@hagander.net>)
Список pgsql-general
On 11/15/18 7:59 AM, Sachin Kotwal wrote:

> On Thu 15 Nov, 2018, 7:59 PM Adrian Klaver <adrian.klaver@aklaver.com
> <mailto:adrian.klaver@aklaver.com> wrote:
>
>     On 11/14/18 10:39 PM, Sachin Kotwal wrote:
>      >

>      >
>      > Looks like no one have clear idea yet and deal also not
>     completely done.
>
>     Barring some regulatory intervention(which I do not see) the deal will
>     be completed.
>
>      > Hope Redhat community support will continue same as earlier.
>      >
>      > Let's wait until something will announce by community is coming days.
>
>     Not sure what announcement you are expecting? From what I see nothing
>     has changed so there is no need for any.
>       does.
>

> I know community does not provide postgresql  binaries for windows,
> EnterpriseDB and OpenSCG

Actually it does, those companies are part of the community.

> I feel community has most of linux based instance in thier buildfarm for
> testing, might be very few Ubuntu based.
> I might be wrong here.

Easy enough to see:

https://buildfarm.postgresql.org/cgi-bin/show_members.pl

> Anyways , we can conclude discussion with "No need to worry about Redhat
> acquisition as PostgreSQL having really strong position in market"
>
> Thanks,
> Sachin
>
>      >
>      > Thanks all for your inputs.
>      >
>      > Regards,
>      > Sachin
>      >
>      > --
>      >
>      > Thanks and Regards,
>      > Sachin Kotwal
>

>     --
>     Adrian Klaver

Adrian Klaver
adrian.klaver@aklaver.com

От: Sachin Kotwal
Сообщение: Re: Impact on PostgreSQL due to Redhat acquisition by IBM
Сообщение: Re: Impact on PostgreSQL due to Redhat acquisition by IBM