Re: Impact on PostgreSQL due to Redhat acquisition by IBM

От Magnus Hagander
Тема Re: Impact on PostgreSQL due to Redhat acquisition by IBM
Дата
Список pgsql-general
On Thu, Nov 15, 2018 at 5:07 PM Adrian Klaver <adrian.klaver@aklaver.com> wrote:
On 11/15/18 7:59 AM, Sachin Kotwal wrote:

> On Thu 15 Nov, 2018, 7:59 PM Adrian Klaver <adrian.klaver@aklaver.com
> <mailto:adrian.klaver@aklaver.com> wrote:
>
>     On 11/14/18 10:39 PM, Sachin Kotwal wrote:

>      > Hope Redhat community support will continue same as earlier.
>      >
>      > Let's wait until something will announce by community is coming days.
>
>     Not sure what announcement you are expecting? From what I see nothing
>     has changed so there is no need for any.
>       does.
>

> I know community does not provide postgresql  binaries for windows,
> EnterpriseDB and OpenSCG

Actually it does, those companies are part of the community.

If there is a worry about companies that have been acquired (like RedHat), then remember that one of those (OpenSCG) has also been acquired by a "giant corporation". The same could obviously happen with EDB at some point.

That in itself doesn't prevent them from continuing to provide their services in the form of creating installers. And as long as the source to the installers is open, somebody else can pick it up in case they don't.

Сообщение: Re: BDR and PostgreSQL 12 and Windows support
Сообщение: Re: BDR and PostgreSQL 12 and Windows support