Re: [ADMIN] dblink_tds or similar for PostgreSQL 10

От Carlos Martinez
Тема Re: [ADMIN] dblink_tds or similar for PostgreSQL 10
Дата
Re: [ADMIN] dblink_tds or similar for PostgreSQL 10
Список pgsql-admin
Hi.

On Wed, Sep 27, 2017 at 9:55 AM, Alvaro Herrera <alvherre@alvh.no-ip.org> wrote:
> Carlos Martinez wrote:
>> Hi.
>>
>> I know that Postgres 10 is not yet stable. The migration will take
>> around 3 or 4 months. I will expect by then, the stable version.
>> I've reading about FDW and tds_fdw (library for MS SQL), but it says:
>> "The current version does not yet support WHERE clause push-down,
>> column push-down, JOIN push-down, or write operations."
>
> In other words, you have 3-4 months to poke the tds_fdw maintainer to
> add support for that (or do it yourself, or convince someone else to do
> it for you).

Yes, this is an option. I will write to the mantainer of tds_fdw. If
there is another alternative, it will be welcome.

>> Sadly, I need to do a INSERT on MS SQL.
>
> You should be happy that you're using the most advanced relational open
> source database server in the world, not sad.

Yes, I'm very happy to work with Postgres [and Linux and others open
source projects]. I'm not very happy  with to have to resolve this
issue on database level.

Best regards.

Carlos Martínez.