Re: [ADMIN] dblink_tds or similar for PostgreSQL 10

От Alvaro Herrera
Тема Re: [ADMIN] dblink_tds or similar for PostgreSQL 10
Дата
Список pgsql-admin
Carlos Martinez wrote:
> Hi.
>
> I know that Postgres 10 is not yet stable. The migration will take
> around 3 or 4 months. I will expect by then, the stable version.
> I've reading about FDW and tds_fdw (library for MS SQL), but it says:
> "The current version does not yet support WHERE clause push-down,
> column push-down, JOIN push-down, or write operations."

In other words, you have 3-4 months to poke the tds_fdw maintainer to
add support for that (or do it yourself, or convince someone else to do
it for you).

> Sadly, I need to do a INSERT on MS SQL.

You should be happy that you're using the most advanced relational open
source database server in the world, not sad.

cheers