Re: migrations (was Re: To all who wish to unsubscribe)

От Igor Korot
Тема Re: migrations (was Re: To all who wish to unsubscribe)
Дата
Список pgsql-general
Hi,

On Tue, Nov 21, 2017 at 2:15 PM, Jerry Regan
<jerry.regan@concertoglobalresources.com> wrote:
> I kind of agree with both.  Personally, my strengths are data communication. Databases are frequent end points.
Mailinglists? Have never had a need to work with them, so they’re in the, “don’t care” bucket so long as they work.

> As far as missing , ‘unsubscribe’ in headers/titles, my totally unscientific experience with a limited number of
mailinglists (email, text, etc) gives me the impression unsubscribe in header/title is by far the most common method
provided.Also seems simplest, but then I’m just a user.......;)

This is exactly a point.
Every single ML has a links in the footer to either the ML archives or
to the (un)-subscribe page.

But apparently from now on PG lists will not have it and if you want
to unsubscribe from the list you will need to open a header (why?)
find the appropriate link inside a bunch of non-useful information and
copy paste it into the mailer.

Can anyone explain why?
Why not do what other ML do - provide the links in the footer?

Thank you.

От: Michael Paquier
Сообщение: Re: On Judging the Value of Tests
От: Stephen Frost
Сообщение: Re: migrations (was Re: To all who wish to unsubscribe)