Re: pgAdmin 4 v2.0 Release Candidate 2

От Dave Page
Тема Re: pgAdmin 4 v2.0 Release Candidate 2
Дата
Список pgadmin-support

On 26 Sep 2017, at 20:36, Melvin Davidson <melvin6925@yahoo.com> wrote:

I noticed that the dashboard has is not in the server panel by default,
but must be added. Was that intentional?

>What does that mean?

It means that when I installed v2. I could not figure out where there
dashboard was. Then I just happened to right click on the right side and
noticed there were options to Detach or "Add pane;". A mouse over on Add Panel gives the option to select Dashboard. Voila!

The dashboard hasn’t moved at all. You must have closed it at some point.

>pgAdmin 4 never did that. It’s not a change.

True, but PgAdmin III did!  See attached. THAT is a change in
functionality / feature!

pgAdmin III is a different application. It’s been discussed a number of times that pgAdmin 4 was never intended to be a carbon copy.

>Query cancellation was a feature that was added in response to user >requests. Are you really asking us to stop adding new features?

No, I am asking you to restore old functionality. See above.

Query cancellation {pg_cancel_backend(pid int)} is not the same
as kill session {(pg_terminate_backend(pid int)}. They are two
different features. Apparently pg_terminate_backend(pid int) was
_replaced_ with pg_cancel_backend(pid int).

Melvin Davidson 🎸
www.youtube.com/unusedhero/videos
Folk Alley - All Folk - 24 Hours a day
www.folkalley.com

I noticed that the dashboard has is not in the server panel by default,
but must be added. Was that intentional?

What does that mean?

Also, in PgAdmin III, it was possible to select and cancel session(s).
However, in PgAdmin4 sessions can no longer be canceled/killed from the dashboard, only the associated transaction. That is a major change.

pgAdmin 4 never did that. It’s not a change.

As
a DBA, I need to be able to kill _sessions_. I can get around that with
SQL, but WHY the change? Please, STOP changing how PgAdmin works!

Query cancellation was a feature that was added in response to user requests. Are you really asking us to stop adding new features?

Melvin Davidson 🎸
www.youtube.com/unusedhero/videos
Folk Alley - All Folk - 24 Hours a day
www.folkalley.com

<kill_session.jpg>

Сообщение: Re: pgAdmin 4 v2.0 Release Candidate 2
Сообщение: Re: pgAdmin 4 v2.0 Release Candidate 2