Re: Vacuum Full Analyze Stalled

От Tomeh, Husam
Тема Re: Vacuum Full Analyze Stalled
Дата
Список pgsql-admin
I'd be anxious to see any insightful help on this as I encountered this
four weeks ago (although I'm not sure at what stage it got stuck), and
had to cancel and re-run.

--
 Husam

-----Original Message-----
From: pgsql-admin-owner@postgresql.org
[mailto:pgsql-admin-owner@postgresql.org] On Behalf Of Jeff Kirby
Sent: Sunday, October 02, 2005 9:43 AM
To: pgsql-admin@postgresql.org
Subject: [ADMIN] Vacuum Full Analyze Stalled

I'm going to attempt to do my best in describing the situation... so
please forgive any ignorance on my part since I am very new to the
Postgres community.

We have 2 identical Postgres databases, one on a Windows 2003 platform,
and the other on a SUSe 9.3 Linux platform (both platforms have
identical hardware).  They both have the same schema, the same
configuration settings (as far as I can tell), and relatively the same
amount of data (approx 32GB).  OK... here is the scoop, I started a
"vacuum full analyze verbose" on both last night... the windows box
completed in about 1 1/2 hours... the Linux box however is still
chugging away this morning... and appears to be stuck on vacuuming
"pg_constraint_contypid_index".  How do I know... well I don't really...
I'm inferring based on the order of the log output on the Windows box.

So the question is... has anyone experienced this problem in the past?
If so, what do you recommend to rectify the problem?  Is it normal to be
running for more than 12 hours on a table that only has 35 rows?  Do you
need me to attach the log output thus far from both the Windows and
Linux box?  Any help here would be greatly appreciated.  Any commands
you can suggest to run on the Linux machine... no problem.

Jeffrey Kirby
CCAP Web Team
jeff.kirby@wicourts.gov
608-264-6253

               http://www.postgresql.org/docs/faq

This message contains confidential information intended only for the
use of the addressee(s) named above and may contain information that
is legally privileged.  If you are not the addressee, or the person
responsible for delivering it to the addressee, you are hereby
notified that reading, disseminating, distributing or copying this
message is strictly prohibited.  If you have received this message by
mistake, please immediately notify us by replying to the message and
delete the original message immediately thereafter.

Thank you.                                       FADLD Tag