RE: POSTGRESQL 10 Media download with CHECKSUM VALUE

От Mohammad Ali Raza
Тема RE: POSTGRESQL 10 Media download with CHECKSUM VALUE
Дата
Список pgsql-admin

Hi Haroon,

Thanks for the response.

Software vendors publish MD5 hash values for software. We need hash value for Postgres 10 database software and will verify this value by command shared in below email PFB inline response

Regards

Ali

> Is there any way to get the checksum value of the zip or installer file.
Checksum is MD5 checksum. Under *nix environments, you can get checksum by using md5sum ( md5 on Mac) utility e.g.

[root@localhost repo]# md5sum 2cd836c0.gz
234d2551189e5999cae3fa2bff533e60  2cd836c0.gz

> Secondly I want to confirm if there is any way I download the media ISO image file from the Postgresql.org site.

So there is this PostgreSQL LiveCD project that gives you an ISO image which essentially is a live cd. It is Fedora based and contains packages from the PostgreSQL Yum repository. It is a bootable image that lets you run PostgreSQL and a few other related tools without installing anything on your machine. Looking at its repository, it is currently available up until PostgreSQL 9.6 only.

Can you please elaborate a bit on what you are trying to achieve by using an ISO image?

If you plan to use ISO image as an offline medium of installation and/or as a local offline store of PGDG package repository, you can achieve that by using following approach:

1. Use reposync to get a copy of packages from Yum repository. You can do this by installing repo RPM first for your target platform on any machine that has internet access. So for example, if you are running RHEL/CentOS 7:

     a) Setup pgdg10 RHEL/CentOS 7 yum repository for PostgreSQL 10

     b) Use reposync to sync everything from target repository to your local directory

            reposync --gpgcheck -l --repoid=pgdg10 --download_path=<path to a local directory> --downloadcomps --download-metadata

2. Once you have a local copy of the Yum repository, you can use that as an offline mirror for servers on your local network. You can copy it around on your network and/or burn it on some optical/offline storage. If you plan to point yum to this offline repo, be sure to run createrepo on it.

These steps assume your target platform is RHEL/CentOS. You can follow similar approach for Debian environments too by making platform specific adjustments to the commands above.

Regards,

--

Haroon                http://www.2ndQuadrant.com/

This e-mail has been scanned for viruses by Forefront Protection @ Telenor Pakistan.

От: Chad Trabant
Сообщение: Upgrade and re-synchronization with logical replication (pglogicaland PG 10)
От: "Ahmed, Nawaz"
Сообщение: RE: Best replication tool