Re: Re : Feature request: pgdump and version number / -i option

От Sufficool, Stanley
Тема Re: Re : Feature request: pgdump and version number / -i option
Дата
Список pgadmin-support
If we can get these tools as libraries with exported functions, then
wouldn't just be a matter of some UDF calling the C libraries?

It would be ideal to get this absorbed into the mainline PG development,
but proof that it works and has a userbase would go a long way towards
acceptance.

As I noted in my first post, I am very aware that this could break
client side backups. Your idea of streaming the backup is something I
hadn't considered. If the stream was compressed, then this would
actually reduce backup times at the client!

Should I join and cross post to pg-hackers to bring them into the fray?