Re: Re : Feature request: pgdump and version number / -i option

От Dave Page
Тема Re: Re : Feature request: pgdump and version number / -i option
Дата
Список pgadmin-support
On Mon, Jan 12, 2009 at 2:35 PM, Laurent ROCHE <laurent_roche@yahoo.com> wrote:
> Still in my case (I assume other people too) pl/pgsql functions would not
> help as I work on a remote server from a workstation: I want the files on my
> workstation and not on a remote server that I only access for the database !

Presumably we'd be able to stream the output in a similar way to COPY.

In any case, there would have to still be a pg_dump style interface so
it could be used to dump from old server without needing a whole new
server. I would expect any server functions to simply be wrappers
around a llibrary of functions used by pg_dump. Not that this is the
right place or I the right person to be discussing this!!

--
Dave Page