Re : Feature request: pgdump and version number / -i option

От Laurent ROCHE
Тема Re : Feature request: pgdump and version number / -i option
Дата
Список pgadmin-support
Still in my case (I assume other people too) pl/pgsql functions would not help as I work on a remote server from a workstation: I want the files on my workstation and not on a remote server that I only access for the database !

Cheers,
L@u
The Computing Froggy

De : Dave Page <dpage@pgadmin.org>
À : "Sufficool, Stanley" <ssufficool@rov.sbcounty.gov>
Cc : pgAdmin III support <pgadmin-support@postgresql.org>
Envoyé le : Lundi, 12 Janvier 2009, 9h59mn 06s
Objet : Re: [pgadmin-support] Feature request: pgdump and version number / -i option

On Fri, Jan 9, 2009 at 11:16 PM, Sufficool, Stanley
<ssufficool@rov.sbcounty.gov> wrote:

> Can we get the database to handle this instead / also?
>
> If pg_dump / pg_restore were libs, could this be called via pl/pgsql
> functions instead?

If it were done in the right way, yes. The topic comes up on
pgsql-hackers every now and again, but I'm not aware that anyone has
worked on it.

--
Dave Page
EnterpriseDB UK:  http://www.enterprisedb.com