Re: New to_timestamp implementation is pretty strict

От David E. Wheeler
Тема Re: New to_timestamp implementation is pretty strict
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
On Dec 1, 2008, at 3:55 PM, Dave Page wrote:

>> I'm generally in favor of being generous in the input one can
>> accept, but in
>> this case it seems ambiguous to me. Is that supposed to be :30 or :
>> 03?
>> There's no way to tell.
>
> How is it ambiguous? The leading zero is technically redundant. A
> trailing on most certainly isn't.

it depends on how you look at it, I suppose. If you look at ":xy" as
"x" being the 10s position and "y" being the 1s position, it makes no
sense. If you look at it as an integer, it does.

Best,

David

Сообщение: Re: Re: [COMMITTERS] pgsql: Add support for matching wildcard server certificates to the new
Сообщение: Re: Re: [COMMITTERS] pgsql: Add support for matching wildcard server certificates to the new