Re: Re: [COMMITTERS] pgsql: Add support for matching wildcard server certificates to the new

От Robert Haas
Тема Re: Re: [COMMITTERS] pgsql: Add support for matching wildcard server certificates to the new
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
>> 2. I can't see any possible way that matching a single component could
>> create security holes that would be eliminated by matching multiple
>> components, but I'm more skeptical about the other direction.  What
>> about the old DNS hack where you create a DNS record for
>> example.com.sample.com and hijack connections intended for example.com
>> made by people whose default DNS suffix is sample.com?  There may be
>> reason to believe this isn't a problem, but matching less seems like
>> it can't possibly be a bad thing.
>
> Right, but that's all about being careful not to give out certs like
> "*.postgres.*".

Errrr...no.  The point is that if you've hacked sample.com's DNS
server, you might have a cert for *.sample.com, but you might NOT have
a cert for example.com.

...Robert

Сообщение: Re: New to_timestamp implementation is pretty strict
Сообщение: Re: New to_timestamp implementation is pretty strict