Re: PITR

От Murthy Nunna
Тема Re: PITR
Дата
Список pgsql-admin

Mat,

Thank you for your quick response….

The documentation says  for pause_at_recovery_target:

This setting has no effect if hot_standby is not enabled, or if no recovery target is set.

In my case hot_standby is not enabled.

Thanks,

Murthy

From: desmodemone [mailto:desmodemone@gmail.com]
Sent: Saturday, February 22, 2014 10:34 AM
To: Murthy Nunna
Cc: pgsql-admin@postgresql.org
Subject: Re: [ADMIN] PITR

All,

I am testing PITR…. I am looking for recovery.conf parameters where you can recovery the WALs available in the restore_command but do not complete recovery. I want to be able to connect to the database and check database in read only and if I am not there yet, I will feed more WALs in the archive directory and resume recovery. I would like to prevent multiple base restorations. I want to roll forward with WALs but check in between. Also, I do not want to set up replication standby.

Is it possible? If so, could you tell me what are the relevant recovery.conf params?

Thanks,

Murthy

Hi Murthy,
               look at parameter "pause_at_recovery_target"  and "recovery_target_time" with these parameters in the recovery.conf you could reach a point in the timeline to recover the database and then see if it's all ok and then finish the recovery with pg_xlog_replay_resume. If you want instead continue the recovery you have to stop the backend and change the parameter of recovery_target_time in the recovery.conf and restart the postmaster.

Mat DBA