Re: [Erserver-general] New eRServer patch/fork release

От Andrew Rawnsley
Тема Re: [Erserver-general] New eRServer patch/fork release
Дата
Список pgsql-general
On Nov 6, 2003, at 10:48 AM, Andrew Sullivan wrote:

> On Thu, Nov 06, 2003 at 10:21:32AM -0500, Andrew Rawnsley wrote:
>>
>> A new build of my modifications to eRServer is available at
>> http://grayling.ravensfield.com. Changes/fixes:
>
> Could you add these patches to the gborg site?  That way people who
> go there to test it out won't overlook it.

Sure. Should have thought to do that.

>> * Added org.postgresql.ers.ERSExecSQL
>> This will execute an arbitrary SQL statement on the master and slaves
>> (default is slaves first). When I get the signaling down proper, this
>> will allow
>> you to add columns etc. on the fly.
>
> You'll need to change the engine.  The engine currently only looks
> for columns at the time of start-up.  After that, it never looks
> again, so the columns will be added, but not replicated.

Yeah, actually reseting the column cache in the slave processor and the
table map in the master is easy. Getting to those objects
through the rather obtuse layering of classes from where I put the
signaling point is the trickier part.

> ----
> Andrew Sullivan                         204-4141 Yonge Street
> Afilias Canada                        Toronto, Ontario Canada
> <andrew@libertyrms.info>                              M2P 2A8
>                                          +1 416 646 3304 x110

Andrew Rawnsley
President
The Ravensfield Digital Resource Group, Ltd.
(740) 587-0114
www.ravensfield.com