Re: INSERT and UPDATE of ALLBALLS/INFINITY dates and

От scott.marlowe
Тема Re: INSERT and UPDATE of ALLBALLS/INFINITY dates and
Дата
Список pgsql-general
On Thu, 6 Nov 2003, Marco Lazzeri wrote:

> Il gio, 2003-11-06 alle 16:00, scott.marlowe ha scritto:
> > > I need, also, to move columns in tables (just like the MOVE BEFORE/MOVE
> > > AFTER MySQL commands). Can you help me?
> >
> > I do it with select into:
> >
> > begin;
> > select field3, field2, field4, field1 into newtable from oldtable;
> > drop oldtable;
> > alter table newtable rename to oldtable;
> > commit; (or rollback; if something goes wrong).
>
> Good idea! But you'll lose CONSTRAINTs and DEFAULTs. Isn't it?

Correct.  Also any views based on the underlying table will no longer
work.

Then again, the order of fields in a table is pretty esoteric, so I'd
expect this to be a one time thing.  Me personally, I just live with them
in the order they were created in mostly.

Сообщение: Re: [Erserver-general] New eRServer patch/fork release
Сообщение: Re: [Erserver-general] New eRServer patch/fork release