Re: Hardware performance

От: Adam Witney
Тема: Re: Hardware performance
Дата: ,
Список: pgsql-performance

Скрыть дерево обсуждения

Hardware performance  ("Balazs Wellisch", )
 Re: Hardware performance  ("Roman Fail", )
  Re: Hardware performance  (Ron Johnson, )
 Re: Hardware performance  (Joe Conway, )
  Re: Hardware performance  (Hannu Krosing, )
   Re: Hardware performance  (Joe Conway, )
    Re: Hardware performance  (Adam Witney, )
     Re: Hardware performance  (Joe Conway, )
      Re: Hardware performance  (Adam Witney, )
       Re: Hardware performance  (Joe Conway, )
       Re: Hardware performance  (Jord Tanner, )
       Re: Hardware performance  (Robert Creager, )
    Re: Hardware performance  (Andrew Sullivan, )
 Re: Hardware performance  (Vincent van Leeuwen, )
 Re: Hardware performance  (Jean-Luc Lachance, )
  Re: Hardware performance  (Joe Conway, )
 Re: Hardware performance  (Jean-Luc Lachance, )
 Re: Hardware performance  ("Magnus Hagander", )

On 17/7/03 4:09 pm, "Joe Conway" <> wrote:

> Adam Witney wrote:
>> I think the issue from the original posters point of view is that the Dell
>> PE2650 can only hold a maximum of 5 internal drives
>>

> True enough, but maybe that's a reason to be looking at other
> alternatives. I think he said the hardware hasn't been bought yet.

Actually I am going through the same questions myself at the moment.... I
would like to have a 2 disk RAID1 and a 4 disk RAID5, so need at least 6
disks....

Anybody have any suggestions or experience with other hardware manufacturers
for this size of setup? (2U rack, up to 6 disks, 2 processors, ~2GB RAM, if
possible)

Thanks

adam

believed to be clean.