Re: Hardware performance

От Robert Creager
Тема Re: Hardware performance
Дата
Список pgsql-performance
On Thu, 17 Jul 2003 16:20:42 +0100
Adam Witney <awitney@sghms.ac.uk> said something like:

> Actually I am going through the same questions myself at the
> moment.... I would like to have a 2 disk RAID1 and a 4 disk RAID5, so
> need at least 6 disks....
>
> Anybody have any suggestions or experience with other hardware
> manufacturers for this size of setup? (2U rack, up to 6 disks, 2
> processors, ~2GB RAM, if possible)

We recently bought a couple of Compaq Proliant DL380 units.  They are
2u, and support 6 disks, 2 CPU's, 12Gb max.

We purchased 2 units of 1CPU, 4x72Gb RAID 0+1, 1Gb mem, redundant fans
and power supplies for around $11,000 total.  Unfortunately they are
running Win2K with SQLAnywhere (ClearQuest/Web server) ;-)  So far (5
months), they're real board...

Cheers,
Rob

--
 21:16:04 up  1:19,  1 user,  load average: 2.04, 1.99, 1.38

Вложения