Backup passwd protected DB

От Nathalie Boulos
Тема Backup passwd protected DB
Дата
Список pgsql-admin
Hello,

I need to backup a postgresql-7.3.2 DB with a user having a password using
cron.

every time i call pg_dump I get prompted for a password. It's OK if i'm
running it from command line. But when i use cron, the backup couldn't be
executed because no password is given.

I don't want to put the password in clear text in any file for security
reasons, and i don't want to grant read access to a "backup" user with no
password.

is there any solution to dump that database?

Thanks for your help

Regards
Nathalie