COPY FROM command v8.1.4

От Mr. Dan
Тема COPY FROM command v8.1.4
Дата
Re: COPY FROM command v8.1.4
Список pgsql-admin
Hi,

Thanks for this quick response.
##Try dumping the second table with COPY TO and diff'ing the dump files to
get more detail about what's missing.##

We tried 3 times from a local file system,  instead of the NFS mount (to try
to rule out hardware)

1st attempt: the data copied over fine
2nd attempt: there were 50 records missing
3rd attempt: there were 100 records missing.

Looking back and comparing the data, we realized that  its always missing
rows in 25 (24+1) rows sequences or we're calling it a block. So, there were
2 blocks of 25 missing in the 2nd attempt and 4 blocks of 25 missing in the
third. That's the only thing consistent in doing it from anywhere (NFS
mounts or the local filessystem). We've had the same 'sporadic' results on 3
different servers, so that may rule out memory.   Our local Reiser FS is in
formated in 64k blocks and our NFS mounts are 4k blocks.

In summary, we are very concerned and have no idea of what direction to go
with this.

~DjK

If you repeat the entire experiment, are the same records missing each time?
  I'm wondering about flaky hardware as much as anything.