Re: Application Error on setting archive_mode to on

От venkat ramana
Тема Re: Application Error on setting archive_mode to on
Дата
Список pgsql-admin
I am using postgres 8.3 on windows
The original issue i mentioned below got resolved, but encountered a new issue and here too with postgres service.

Details of the Scenario:
-----------------------
1. Took base backup of the database and then set the archive parameters in postgres.conf file. Verified that WAL files are backedup to the set destination.
2. Now i am trying to recover the database. I stopped the postgres service.  Updated the recovery.conf file with recovery_command details and copied it to the data directory.
3. Started postgres service. After a while, recovery config file name got changed to recovery.done but i found that database is not restored.
4. Went to pg_log and verified that log files, the log file says, recovery is succesful.
5. After this i tried to stop the postgres service, the service is not stopping. I tried this after rebooting the machine also, still facing the same problem.

Any help towards this is highly appreciated.

Thanks
Venkat.

> Date: Sat, 7 Mar 2009 14:36:28 +0100
> From: Jan-Peter.Seifert@gmx.de
> To: venkat_uppala@hotmail.com
> CC: pgsql-admin@postgresql.org
> Subject: Re: [ADMIN] Application Error on setting archive_mode to on
>
> Hello Venkat,
>
> > After setting the archive parameter 'archive_mode' to on in
> > postgres.conf file, i started the posgres service. On starting the
> > service, getting error with message "The application failed to
> > initialize properly (0x0000142). Click on OK to terminate the
> > application". After this error, postgres service is not starting even
> > after restarting windows.
> > Any help on this is highly appreciated.
>
> does the service start after setting archive_mode to off again? Which
> version of PostgreSQL? There was problem with fragmented RAM/virtual
> memory that prevented PostgreSQL from (re-)starting sometimes. So if you
> don't have an actual PostgreSQL try rebooting the system ...
> What do the Windows system logs say? Do you have anti-virus software
> running? Google for the error code ...
>
> Good luck,
>
> Peter

So many new options, so little time. Windows Live Messenger.