Re: Errors on VACUUM

От Bob Smith
Тема Re: Errors on VACUUM
Дата
Список pgsql-admin
On Friday, March 15, 2002, at 09:53 , Tom Lane wrote:

> Bob Smith <bsmith@h-e.com> writes:
>> PostgreSQL 7.0.2
>
> Time to update ...

I know, I know...  But I'm about two weeks from bringing a whole new
server on-line with the latest version of Postgres, so I don't want to
hassle with upgrading the old one.  I just need to keep it limping along
for a little while longer.

> I'm rather surprised that restarting the postmaster didn't make the
> error go away, but it's unlikely that anyone will care to investigate
> --- unless you can reproduce the problem in 7.1.3 or later.

So this isn't an error that would be caused by some sort of file
problem?  The server got new hard drives a few months ago and files went
through a backup/restore with tar, I didn't use pg_dump/pg_restore, so
it occurred to me that something might have been scrambled.  But until
this VACUUM failure, the only problem I've _ever_ had, before or after
the drive upgrade, was one occurrence of the "Buffer Leak" error which I
couldn't reproduce.

Well, I guess I just keep my fingers crossed for a couple of weeks until
I have my new server up.

Thanks!

Bob Smith
Hammett & Edison, Inc.