pg_dumps

От Pichelman, Scott
Тема pg_dumps
Дата
Список pgsql-admin

Hi,

I was wondering how to use pg_dump, been having problems no matter what I use for options.

[admin@holt /root]$ pg_dump -h 127.0.0.1 -p 5432 admin -f holt_admin_db.dump

Connection to database 'admin' failed.

FATAL 1:  Database "admin" does not exist in the system catalog.

[admin@holt /root]$ pg_dump -h 127.0.0.1 -p 5432 ADMIN -f holt_admin_db.dump

Connection to database 'ADMIN' failed.

FATAL 1:  Database "ADMIN" does not exist in the system catalog.

[admin@holt /root]$ pg_dump -h 127.0.0.1 -p 5432 template0 -f holt_admin_db.dump

Connection to database 'template0' failed.

FATAL 1:  Database "template0" is not currently accepting connections

[admin@holt /root]$ pg_dump -h 127.0.0.1 -p 5432 template1 -f holt_admin_db.dump

getAggregates(): SELECT failed.  Explanation from backend: 'ERROR:  Attribute 'aggtransfn1' not found

I am the “admin” unix user and connect as pgsql user admin…

admin=> \c

You are now connected to database admin as user admin.

admin=> \l

  List of databases

 Database  |  Owner

 admin     | postgres

 template0 | postgres

 template1 | postgres

 test      | postgres

I have tried pg_dumpall as well w/ no luck.

Please help me understand what I am doing wrong!

Any help is appreciated.

TIA!

SP