Обсуждение: pg_dumps

pg_dumps

От
"Pichelman, Scott"

I was wondering how to use pg_dump, been having problems no matter what I use for options.

[admin@holt /root]$ pg_dump -h 127.0.0.1 -p 5432 admin -f holt_admin_db.dump

Connection to database 'admin' failed.

FATAL 1:  Database "admin" does not exist in the system catalog.

[admin@holt /root]$ pg_dump -h 127.0.0.1 -p 5432 ADMIN -f holt_admin_db.dump

Connection to database 'ADMIN' failed.

FATAL 1:  Database "ADMIN" does not exist in the system catalog.

[admin@holt /root]$ pg_dump -h 127.0.0.1 -p 5432 template0 -f holt_admin_db.dump

Connection to database 'template0' failed.

FATAL 1:  Database "template0" is not currently accepting connections

[admin@holt /root]$ pg_dump -h 127.0.0.1 -p 5432 template1 -f holt_admin_db.dump

getAggregates(): SELECT failed.  Explanation from backend: 'ERROR:  Attribute 'aggtransfn1' not found

I am the “admin” unix user and connect as pgsql user admin…

admin=> \c

You are now connected to database admin as user admin.

admin=> \l

  List of databases

 Database  |  Owner

-----------+----------

 admin     | postgres

 template0 | postgres

 template1 | postgres

 test      | postgres

I have tried pg_dumpall as well w/ no luck.

Please help me understand what I am doing wrong!

Any help is appreciated.

TIA!

SP

Re: pg_dumps

От
"Anis W. Nugroho"
Дата:
Hi Scott,

You don't need to host and port argument because you are on the
local system. Just type
    pg_dump admin > holt_admin_db.dump

If you need to use TCP/IP connection, you must ever tweak .conf
files in the directory /var/lib/pgsql/data to enable port 5432
for that purpose.

To do that you must login/su using root account.

Good luck,
Anis WN
________________________________
15 Mbytes Free Web-based and  POP3
Sign up now: http://www.gawab.com

Re: pg_dumps

От
"Anis W. Nugroho"
Дата:
Hi Scott,

You didn't need to use host and port argument since you are on
the
local system. So just type
    pg_dump admin > holt_admin_db.dump

If insist to use TCP/IP connection, you must tweak the *.conf
files
in the directory /var/lib/pgsql/data. Use root account to do
that.

Good luck,
Anis WN
________________________________
15 Mbytes Free Web-based and  POP3
Sign up now: http://www.gawab.com

Set Session Date

От
"kbass"
Дата:
Newby question. It is possible to set the date within a session to a certain
format?

Kevin

Re: Set Session Date

От