Re: [pgsql-pkg-yum] python-dateutil in pgdg96 rhel7 repo

От Pim Rupert
Тема Re: [pgsql-pkg-yum] python-dateutil in pgdg96 rhel7 repo
Дата
Список pgsql-pkg-yum
Hi Devrim,

> On 20 Feb 2017, at 11:44, Devrim Gündüz <devrim@gunduz.org> wrote:
>
> On Mon, 2017-02-20 at 10:48 +0100, Pim Rupert wrote:
>> You could separate the base PostgreSQL packages (safe) from an extras repo
>> (non-safe). For example, I (and many more) only need the PostgreSQL packages,
>> and have no need for third-party extras such as pgadmin4.
>
> This is a good idea, however then we will lose the point behind the PostgreSQL
> yum repository: We provide RPMs for both PostgreSQL itself, and the 3rd party
> packages which is useful for everyone.
>
> Please note that PostgreSQL packages also break the OS supplied PostgreSQL RPMs
> ;)

Yeah, I fully realise the irony. ;-)

However, I still think it may be a good idea to have two separate repositories. They can be part of the same release
package,similar as the 'testing' and 'sources' repositories. You can choose to install the PostgreSQL yum repository if
youwant to use a specific version of PostgreSQL supplied by the vendor and remain to have the discretion to
enable/disablethe repo with extra 3rd party tools which may obsolete OS packages.

I think a warning should also be in place.

Kind regards,

Pim Rupert